Sunday, March 15, 2009

An Age of Accountability

Now I've reached the age to judge,
The wrong road from the right.
And I am here to be baptized,
In this dress of white.
So once again I'm free of sin,
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the rod and hold on tight,
I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.


(excerpt from My Three White Dresses)






Yesterday was a special day. A baptism day. A day to remember and cherish. She made the choice to be baptized, to become a member, and to receive a special gift. She couldn't wait to take the "plunge" . She counted the years, then months, then days, and finally minutes until she could be baptized. Her countenance now glows and her heart is very full. She was moved to tears, an emotion I did not expect from my little 8 year old. But she understands how important the decision she made was. She is as pure as the day she was born, totally sinless in the eyes of our Father. She is a special daughter of God and I'm glad that she is mine.







The confirmation circle (-1)

5 comments:

Dejah said...

Abby's baptism truly was special. The spirit was so strong on Saturday. Congratulations again!

Dalene said...

Abby is so beautiful! I hope she knows that. What great pictures. Can you believe she is 8 years old already? Is there some evil magic that makes time slip away where children are concerned?

Stuart♥Maren said...

Congratulations! What a special day... thank you so much for sharing! She looks simply beautiful!

AB said...

She was beautiful! And so sweet...she got so emotional. We were glad to be there and feel of her spirit!

melissa ( : said...

Congrats Abby! What a wonderful day!! I can't believe she is 8 years old! What a cutie.