This year we started 1pm church. There are many cons to late church (no more afternoon nap) but one pro is lazy Sunday mornings. We now try to have a bigger, fancier breakfast on Sunday mornings. This morning big sis helped me make Ebleskivers for breakfast. I got the special pan for my birthday last year and in the following months we enjoyed these yummy little "pancakes" a few times a month. Then I couldn't find the recipe for a few months, but found it again not long ago. What are Ebleskivers you ask? They are little, fluffy, round pancake like things that make a yummy special breakfast. They do take a lot more time to prepare and cook, but my family loves them so they're worth the extra effort. You fill each cavity with the batter, then flip them with toothpicks to cook the other side and give them the round look. We love to eat them with syrup, lemon curd, or jam. Mmmmm.
What did you have for breakfast today?





3 comments:
I think we should have a Sunday morning breakfast party one of these days!
I had those delightful treats for the first time a few weeks ago... loved the banana filled ones! Yummy! This morning I had Raisin Bran Crunch. I wish I had been at your place though! mmmmmmmm.
so I have heard SO much about these little things! So you need to come visit and make them for me :) Also let me know if you are coming out so I can get some time off to play! And this time we arn't newly weds so my husband doesn't care where I go ;)
Post a Comment