Monday, September 19, 2011

done

If you know me you know that I'm a DIY'er. I love to tear things apart and try to make them beautiful on a budget.
If you know me you also know that I have a hard time finishing things because I get bored or frustrated!
But last week I actually finished something. It took all summer, but I did it.

My dryer broke for the second time last May and my washer was really struggling so we decided to get a new set. I got front end ones, but didn't want to spend $500 extra just for the drawer pedistools. So because of that, this project was born.


Photobucket 

Now this is really a "during"photo because I always start tearing things apart too soon. I already redid this area (it's in my garage) once after we moved in because it was super nasty!! I  replaced the window and added drywall, a ceiling, paint and simple shelving. But with a sleek new washer/dryer I wanted it to look cooler and be more functional with more storage (something we are in desperate need of).

Ready for the after?


Photobucket

Using leftover green paint, and building the cabinet and pedistool from scratch I was able to redo this area for about $150! And I did it all by myself (my mom usually helps with things like this)!
The cabinet holds a lot of stuff and keeps it hidden, which I love. Although you have to be super tall to reach anything above the first shelf!

Photobucket

Now it's back to finishing all the other projects I've started :( . My mom is coming soon, maybe she can help motivate me.

8 comments:

Dejah said...

Wow! That looks so good. You are amazing!

Chelsea said...

WOW Martha! It looks gorgeous! Seriously beautiful! I love it. It looks like it's either out of a magazine or a model home which both equal perfection!

DarbyM said...

WOW! Impressive! Can you come over to my laundry room and play??? :) Looks awesome. Love the labels on the soaps. :)

melissa ( : said...

You are amazing!

I LOVE your laundry area!
Darling!! Love everything abou it!

Dalene said...

So, so cute! Funny, we are in the middle of re-doing our laundry room and right now it is a HUGE disaster. Ugh! I WISH it would turn out like yours!

Lala said...

Allison - seriously - that is beautiful!!! Please come and visit me. Please come and teach me. I have all sorts of projects and Craig used to be able to get all sorts of things done, but now, we're just so busy chasing kids. It would be amazing to be able to do it all by yourself. Totally impressed.

AB said...

It's even more amazing in person! But that you did it for $150?! Holy cow! You are so talented. I love it! And I'm glad you are my friend.

Janalee said...

Good job Allison! It looks fabulous! If my laundry room looked that good, maybe I'd spend more time in there.