I think I have a problem...I love shoes.
After gathering all of Lil'Reds "too small" clothes
the other day, I came across these.....
29 pairs of baby shoes!
(not all pictured here)
That's just from birth to current size!

I have come to the realization that my weakness
for shoes is directly related to the size of the shoe.
Here's my confession-
I love little, itty, bitty shoes!
How can you not adore a shoe that fits
in the palm of your hand?

But here's my second confession-
I think I have a touch of OCD because I can't
just buy one pair...
I buy 6 of the same shoe!
(all in different sizes ,of course)

To my defense, those were $24 shoes that I
got for $4 each. So buying 6 was almost the same price
as one pair at full price!
See, I do this all the time....

I think I might need therapy for it.
The funny thing is I may have passed on my
love for shoes on to my little guy.
He used to HATE shoes,
now you rarely see him without a pair on.
His current favorite are his dress shoes
which he loves to wear with no socks.

He also likes to mix it up a little, you know,
so its not so boring.

After gathering all of Lil'Reds "too small" clothes
the other day, I came across these.....
29 pairs of baby shoes!
(not all pictured here)
That's just from birth to current size!
I have come to the realization that my weakness
for shoes is directly related to the size of the shoe.
Here's my confession-
I love little, itty, bitty shoes!
How can you not adore a shoe that fits
in the palm of your hand?
But here's my second confession-
I think I have a touch of OCD because I can't
just buy one pair...
I buy 6 of the same shoe!
(all in different sizes ,of course)
To my defense, those were $24 shoes that I
got for $4 each. So buying 6 was almost the same price
as one pair at full price!
See, I do this all the time....
I think I might need therapy for it.
The funny thing is I may have passed on my
love for shoes on to my little guy.
He used to HATE shoes,
now you rarely see him without a pair on.
His current favorite are his dress shoes
which he loves to wear with no socks.
He also likes to mix it up a little, you know,
so its not so boring.
And sometimes its just one foot, and that one
foot is the wrong foot. He does that one himself.
foot is the wrong foot. He does that one himself.
But my little guy also LOVES daddy's shoes!
The basketball shoes are his favorite, with daddy's
church shoes in a close second.
It's sad to think that one day he'll fit those
shoes!
But I'm glad that his daddy is giving him such
big shoes to fill.
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
I feel much better now.
I wonder if there's a sale today....
shoes!
But I'm glad that his daddy is giving him such
big shoes to fill.
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
I feel much better now.
I wonder if there's a sale today....



6 comments:
6 pairs...of the same toddler shoe? In case the first 5 pairs wear out before he outgrows them?
Maybe you should buy one pair and then invent a cupcake based on the shoe then you can combine something you're good at with your weakness...I'd eat a toddler shoe cupcake...but only if you made it.
LOVE shoes. LOVE mommy shoes. LOVE baby shoes.
Wish I had more money to buy shoes.
Dude, don't throw them away, give to yer hubby to give to me, we'll use them, i love free stuff.
Baby shoes are the cutest! I love that you have so many. You have good taste though. (I think my sister is going to have that much too when her baby arrives. I've seen her personal collection.)
My dear, dear cousin,
YOU DO NOT NEED therapy. All those who do NOT buy 6 pairs of shoes in different sizes are the ones who need therapy (especially when they were such a great deal!). Trust me. Your line of thinking, and buying, might I add, is very, very CORRECT.
PS I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of all Red's shoe combinations - especially the ones in daddy's shoes (and I feel your sadness).
I am laughing my head off. BUT - if they are different sizes, I can understand... but they sure look like the same size. In which case, I have the name of a good doctor... Dalene may need his name too.
I do understand the small shoe thing though... they are SO much more fun to buy!
Post a Comment