Yes, we've been gone, but now we're back. I've been a lazy blogger and I apologize for that.
Since I got back there has sooo much to do. There's been things to put away,
things to wash (and my dryer broke!), things to buy, things to wrap, things to decorate,
things to send, things to bake, things to sew....my list could really go on forever.
But I'll stop, because I want to share our Thanksgiving trip to Utah.
First off, Big Sis has been asking for years to climb up to the Y.
So I finally gave in.

This is me on our little hike. I thought I was kinda in shape,
but this mountain kicked my butt!
I'm just going to blame it on the high altitude
.... and the 30 pounds hanging on my back.
If your wondering why my dear husband is not carrying the 30 pounds, its because he was on a plane trying to get to us.
Probably would have been a good idea to wait for him.

This is Big Sis on our hike. I think she just skipped all the way up!
SLOW DOWN PLEASE!
You're making me look old!
As we finally arrived at the beautiful white painted rocks (AKA-the Y), we stopped for some water, trail mix, and ...oh yeah-AIR!
We also had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner/lunch at the wonderful-and-ever-so-gracious
Aunt Christi's house.

We took our lovely Grandmother with us for the festivities.

Hanging out with the family after gorging ourselves.
Oh, and speaking of gorging ourselves, we ate oodles of these delish sweet
potatoes. Why yes, I did make them, and they were excellent! I just need to thank my
aunt for letting me steal the recipe many, many years ago. She now can't find that said
recipe so I am now claiming it as my MINE.
Just call me Queen of the Sweet Potato Souffle.
Other things we did:
-shopped
-got cute hair cuts from Sara (thanks Sara!)
-cheated on my diet (thanks Shelly)
-had family photos done with a screaming 2 year old (thanks Lil'Red)
-played with cute little cousins
-shopped some more
-drove 10 miles an hour from Vegas to Barstow (not fun)
Now vacation time is over and time to run the Christmas Marathon!
Since I got back there has sooo much to do. There's been things to put away,
things to wash (and my dryer broke!), things to buy, things to wrap, things to decorate,
things to send, things to bake, things to sew....my list could really go on forever.
But I'll stop, because I want to share our Thanksgiving trip to Utah.
First off, Big Sis has been asking for years to climb up to the Y.
So I finally gave in.

This is me on our little hike. I thought I was kinda in shape,
but this mountain kicked my butt!
I'm just going to blame it on the high altitude
.... and the 30 pounds hanging on my back.
If your wondering why my dear husband is not carrying the 30 pounds, its because he was on a plane trying to get to us.
Probably would have been a good idea to wait for him.

This is Big Sis on our hike. I think she just skipped all the way up!
SLOW DOWN PLEASE!
You're making me look old!
my lovely hiking companions
As we finally arrived at the beautiful white painted rocks (AKA-the Y), we stopped for some water, trail mix, and ...oh yeah-AIR!
We also had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner/lunch at the wonderful-and-ever-so-gracious
Aunt Christi's house.

We took our lovely Grandmother with us for the festivities.

Hanging out with the family after gorging ourselves.

potatoes. Why yes, I did make them, and they were excellent! I just need to thank my
aunt for letting me steal the recipe many, many years ago. She now can't find that said
recipe so I am now claiming it as my MINE.
Just call me Queen of the Sweet Potato Souffle.
Other things we did:
-shopped
-got cute hair cuts from Sara (thanks Sara!)
-cheated on my diet (thanks Shelly)
-had family photos done with a screaming 2 year old (thanks Lil'Red)
-played with cute little cousins
-shopped some more
-drove 10 miles an hour from Vegas to Barstow (not fun)
Now vacation time is over and time to run the Christmas Marathon!





4 comments:
Fun trip! I can't wait to see your new family photos.
Thanks...your shout out makes me sound like a cow...ha I can't wait to see your picts you better e-mail them to me. Thanks for coming out, it was a BLAST!
Glad you had fun! can't wait to see your pictures!
and that recipe is...??
Post a Comment