Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a late christmas post

It's pouring today and I can't seem to find the energy to be productive.
The Hubby and I had a nice night away in Santa Barbara this weekend, but it poured there too.
I'm having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things since Christmas.
Hopefully I'll feel like myself again soon.
Maybe when the sun comes back again I'll feel better.

I know Christmas was almost a month ago, but I never posted pictures.
And I really wanted too, so now I am.

Photobucket

We spent 2 weeks in Canada with my family for Christmas.
It was cold and snowy, and that's exactly how Christmas should be.
We played in the snow, went tobogganing and ice skating, made snow angels, had night sleigh rides behind Grandpa's tractor.
We played endless hours with cousins, ate cookies, wore toques and other funny hats and had a great time.
Did I mention it was cold? Like below 0 degrees F cold.
And after an extremely long day traveling back home, we were back home. And it was 70 degrees. And I'm totally fine with that.

7 comments:

Janalee said...

The Girlies have been asking when we will see you again! We all had fun spending time together.
It's not nearly as cold these days as it was when you were here! Yea global warming!

Dejah said...

Glad you're home, I haven't seen you in awhile.

Dalene said...

How did I not know that Janalee has FOUR kids? Are you kidding me? Damn fertile people.

Dalene said...

Um, maybe you should strike that last comment. On second thought, leave it. Glad you guys had a fun, albeit cold, Christmas and made it home safely. I always get the post-Christmas blues and I have them bad this year. Maybe the yoga pants could help with that, too.

AB said...

When you're on a getaway with your husband and it is super rainy....that's not a problem, right? Or do I need to change the topic of my next visiting teaching lesson?

Sara said...

LOVE all the pictures. I want to be in 70 degree weather.

Chelsea said...

A two week vacay to Canada?! Then a night away? Wow you're a lucky girl! I love love Santa Barbara, doesn't matter what the weather is! So fun. Love all your Christmas pics!