Friday, January 29, 2010

it's a birthday today

Photobucket
When you bring a child into this world you can't help but imagine
what they will be like when they grow up.
And as much as you wonder, it actually happens way too fast.
Wasn't I just changing this little girl's diaper and holding her hand as
she learned to take her first steps?
I swear that it was just last week that we were playing princess dress-up and
taking our first trip to Disneyland?
Why did the minutes, hours, days and years have to pass so quickly?
This little one just turned 9 today.
This is her last single digit year she will ever have.
With only 1 baby tooth left, she is soon to shed any trace of babyhood she had.
The preteen years are knocking at our door, and I don't want to answer.

She is beautiful, full of life and imagination, smart and talented.

Happy Birthday Big Sis!

Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket


6 comments:

Chelsea said...

She is just too cute and beautiful! I love that first pic! Happy Birthday!!!

Dejah said...

Happy Birthday!

Shelly & Brandon said...

Happy Birthday ABBY! Cute cake!!

Dalene said...

Happy Birthday to Abby, and Happy Abby's birthday to you, Allison! We're 7 1/2 years behind you and it is STILL moving much too quickly for us.

DM Everitts said...

Happy Birthday Abby!! I wish we could slow it down a little!! By the way... what is she SO excited to get!?

Sara said...

Happy Late birthday! LOVE the hat, Love the Cake, You have to stop posting yummy stuff on your blog, I am on a diet!!!!!