Saturday, May 8, 2010

16.94 seconds

Photobucket


Today at Bis Sis's track meet they had a Mother's 100 meter sprint. My sweet
daughter really wanted me to run, so I swallowed my pride and obliged. It has been
around 20 years since these legs of mine have sprinted in a race.
I used to be pretty quick in my younger years, but today I was humbled
by a 4th place finish in my heat.
At least I can fall asleep tonight (oh how this body aches to sleep)
knowing that at least today I beat my 9 year old's 100M time by just over a second.
Maybe I'm not so old after all.

6 comments:

AB said...

4th place is very respectable...esp since you still beat your girl's time!

Happy Mother's Day!

DM Everitts said...

Love the picture, and the fact that you were willing to run for your daughter... what a great mom!! Happy Mothers Day!!

melissa ( : said...

You're amazing!
Happy Mommy's Day!

Sara said...

4th is not so bad.

Janalee said...

Woo Hoo!! Very brave for you to atempt. I think I would hurt myself. 4th is pretty good!

Shelly & Brandon said...

GOOD JOB!! Your a rockstart mama! Hope you didn't pull any muscles. You looked great doing it, but I thin you needed a haedband like the lady next to you...that is the thing now days!