Friday, May 29, 2009

a bucket of fun

Big Sis has been begging me for a year to buy her ladybugs from the local nursery and yesterday I finally gave in. They spent the night in our fridge in a chill induced coma and tonight we revived and released our 1500 new friends. It was like being tickled all over with their little legs crawling all over us. Both kids loved it, so I guess it was $7.99 well spent. I just hope our little friends stay in our yard so we can play again tomorrow.

5 comments:

melissa ( : said...

Okay... I'm sorry... but I do not think I would enjoy all those creepy crawlies all over me...

You are a good mommy.

Sara said...

How fun! I was wanting to get some for our garden (so they will eat the bad bugs) but they don't have them at our nursery. I almost bought them online for $11.

AB said...

Where did you get them? I've been wanting to get them for my dad's yard / newly planted orchard. You're motivating me to really do it. Looks like fun!

Shelly & Brandon said...

Ahh that is so crazy!! Fun though! Your gate looks great!

DM Everitts said...

It looks like so much fun... we love ladybugs!