I FOUND IT!
I found my favorite sugar cookie recipe! I have tried a lot of different recipes over the years for sugar cookies. Some taste great, but puff up too much while baking and then you can't tell what shape it is. Some hold their shape, but taste terrible and are too hard. Some come from cookbooks that promise to be the best cookie, only to prove that the dough was impossible to work with and the cookie wasn't that good. But the other day I found the perfect recipe. The dough is easy to work with, it held its shape while baking, was soft, and best of all tasted GOOD.
And because I am so kind and generous, I want to share it with you. They take some extra
effort (don't skip steps!), but you'll won't be dissapointed.
BEST EVER SUGAR COOKIES
adapted from MarthaStewart.com
4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temp
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Divide dough in half; flatten each haff into a disk. Wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Let dough stand at room temp about 10 minutes so its soft enough to roll. Roll dough out between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Remove top layer of plastic wrap and cut into desired shapes. Transfer shapes to baking sheet lined with a silpat (a must for every kitchen!) or parchment paper. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges turn golden. Let cool on wire racks.
- When completely cool, decorate with royal icing and lots of sprinkles!




4 comments:
You want to share, but we have to figure out how many cups of flour...? These are the prettiest homemade cookies I've ever seen!
You may need to pay for my personal trainer - you do realized this don't you?
So did you steal that picture from Martha Stewart?
OH WAIT - This is Allison we're talking to... of course she made those perfectly iced cookies herself. What was I thinking?
YOU ARE AMAZING!
You have mad skills, girl.
Post a Comment