Saturday, May 30, 2009

1 project done, 20 million left

I am in project mode lately. The weather is beautiful and things need to get done FAST before its 100 degrees again. We are lucky to have a big backyard. The problem - it is nasty. I would LOVE an extreme backyard make-over, you know the kind where I come home and someone has magically transformed my yard into a backyard paradise. But chances are slim that that will ever happen, so I guess we're stuck trying to transform our yard into something thats at least nicer to look at. We've discovered we have to change some things fast to maintain Lil Red's safety in exploring the yard, which he loves to do.
First up, a gate for the lawnmower shed. Lil Red discovered that it was fun to get in there with all the nasty bugs and spiders. I had to put a stop to that fast. So here's my gate. Its the first one I've made all by myself (that is without my parents help-that sounds kinda weird coming from a 33 year old). Too bad our lawn mower died today and won't get to try out its new pad :(
Now what should I do next week?
I know you're just DYING to find out.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DM Everitts said...

Great Job!

AB said...

Impressive!!!!

melissa ( : said...

Okay, wait a minute... You're telling me you just built that gate yourself? Who ARE YOU??

Oh yeah - I forgot. You're a Ness. You can do anything. Wish I was a Ness.

Dalene said...

Can you PLEASE come visit me and help with some of our million projects?

Chelsea said...

What are you talking about, your blog is not cute? I love all your pics and cute posts! Your kiddos are so cute!